Using the Cardiology Logbook:
- Install OpenOffice 3, or use the Portable (Suite Standard) version.
- Download Logbook V1.0.
- Open file LogbookV1.0.odb in OpenOffice Base.
- Save the file under a new name (e.g. Logbook20091008.odb) using Menu: File -> Save as
- Add data to logbook:
Double-click on the relevant Data Entry Form (Basic Investigations highlighted in screenshot above).
Type in data into 3D effect boxes using mouse or Tab key to move between boxes.
Data will be saved automatically if you create a new Record, or use the Save button (disk icon) at the top of the record.
Close the Data Entry form when finished entering new data (using close window icon top-right or top-left in Mac OSX)
- Create Logbook for RITA etc:
Just as with adding data, but use the relevant Summary Form.
You can then print the Summary using the Menu: File -> Print
Note, you cannot export to PDF correctly, since it appears to export without the relevant data included; a workaround is to print to .ps (PostScript) file and then use a PS to PDF converter.
- Add the Trainee details and Summary Date Range:
Use the Data Entry – Trainee Details and Date Range Form, and enter details as in 5 above.
Remember, this affects the Summary printed in 6 above.
- There should be no need to use the Tables, Queries or Reports functions, except when upgrading the logbook to a new version, when all the Tables will need to be manually copied from the old logbook to the new version.
- Questions? Ask here as a comment.