Cardiology Logbook Version 1.0

12 09 2009

Finally had my RITA, and discovered 2 more formatting errors in the summaries: Pericardiocentesis and DCCV pages.

Easy to fix if you want to do it manually – just edit the pages and right-click to set the size and position to Attached to page.

Otherwise, I have uploaded the Final Version 1.0 to the Downloads section; your tables from any Release Candidate version can be copied across to maintain your data.

I will be starting work on Electrophysiology and Myocardial Perfusion Imaging logs when I have decided what information to include; they will make it into v2.0.

Apologies to all, but I have realised that I failed to upload V1.0 to the usual location.  I have now corrected my error.


Release Candidate 4

9 08 2009

In the run-up to my RITA next month, I have found another minor error in a Form.

The Pacing data entry form has an incorrect link for the haemothorax complication.  It has been corrected in RC4.

Either download RC4 (usual location) and copy your tables across, or edit the form yourself if you know how.  For those who want to edit themselves, it takes 10 seconds:

  • Right-click Data Entry – Pacing & Devices Form -> Edit
  • Right-click the tick-box to the right of “Haemothorax” -> Control
  • Data tab -> Change Data field to “1htx”
  • Close “Properties: Tick Box”
  • Save Form (click on Disk icon)
  • Save Database (click on Disk icon)
  • All done!

I hope this can be considered a final release.

Release Candidate 3

20 06 2009

A further few minor tweaks following my recent appraisal.

I realised that the Summary Forms don’t all quite look right due to space on the page, so I have moved a few boxes around, and shortened some abbreviations.

Download from the usual place…

If you are already using RC1, you should be able to cut and paste your tables into the new RC.

Logbook Release Candidate

8 06 2009

I think it’s finished!

I’ve been using it to keep track of my logbook entries for a few months, and while I haven’t yet had my RITA to give it a full test, I think I have ironed out all the bugs.

It’s been uploaded as LogbookRC1.odb to the usual place.

The next update will hopefully not be until my RITA in September, just to confirm everything works as expected.  I am looking at how to have a list of non-standard procedures, such as EP etc, with a simple manual text entry form and a list; this may make an appearance in the future.

Beta Testing

28 05 2009

I have already found a handful of errors in the way that some of the Summary Forms are calculated.

I’ll upload a new version soon.

Angiography Complications

15 03 2009

I have decided that complications only need be logged in your totals if you are 1st operator, since they are largely your responsibility.

I realise that this may not necessarily always be the case, since you may put the arterial sheath as a 2nd PCI operator (and cause vascular trauma), but I think this is perhaps the most reasonable approach to ensure that complication rates are not exaggerated.

I am toying with the idea of only including complications for angio and proceed to PCI cases within the PCI totals alone, again to ensure that they are not exaggerated.

I will report back with a Beta 2 release when I’ve decided.

Logbook Beta 1

8 03 2009

I’ve uploaded a Beta 1 logbook to the usual place.

It is essentially the BasicDB15, with all the made up data erased.

So it is now ready to be tried out properly.

I’ll be giving it a proper test drive over the next few days.