Pacing Database done

19 01 2009

I’ve added the pacing database to the angio one, and called it PaceDB21.odb.

Looks like it works well – although I only tested it briefly…

Moving on to add some more facets now.

PS: It appears that adding in the pacing data has reduced the file size.  Not sure I understand, but the file itself appears to work fine.


Cardiac Catheterisation Database Completed

17 01 2009

It really is done now.

I have tidied up the aesthetics of the Summary forms a little by removing the grey boxes in favour of white, and straightened some of the formatting out.

The date ranges are printed on the Summary forms, but not capable of being edited “live” – they need to be changed in the Data Entry – Trainee Details & Date Range form in advance.  As previously mentioned, a “live” date range is potentially possible, but only with macros that act to refresh all values whenever a date box value is changed.

I have uploaded two DB39 example Summary Forms (as pdf files) to show what the final result will look like.

It is now time to accept this as a template for the echo, pericardiocentesis, DCCV, device implantation and basic investigation logbooks which now need to be created from scratch…

Date Range selection works!

16 01 2009

Managed to get this feature to work.  Lots of effort to correct all the previous Queries, but I have integrated it well.

The logbook is now fully functional for diagnostic and intervential cardiac catheterisation procedures (at AngioDB35).

The next task is to get the date range printed on the Summary forms automatically.  I might look into having a drop-down on the Summary forms themselves to allow rapid changes of date ranges while creating summaries for your RITA; this is likely to require macro use to refresh the data, which I am leaning against doing.

I’ll report back after some experimentation again…

Query Criteria LIKE

16 01 2009

It’s clearly important to read the Help files…

Discovered that the needlessly long criteria I was using to select Left or Right vascular access was exactly that: needlessly long.

The LIKE criteria with * or ? allows wildcard use.

LIKE ‘*brachial artery’

Select by Date Range

16 01 2009

I think I may be on the right track!

I have edited the SpR Details Form and Table to include a Start and End Date.  The Summary Forms will contain data regarding procedures between these dates (inclusive) only.  This is obviously important for the RITA process, when a “12-month” and “duration of training” summary is necessary to expedite the process.

Each of the initial Queries needs to be edited to include DateOfProcedure as a field.  Furthermore, StartDate and EndDate also need to be added as fields; StartDate and EndDate need to be assigned aliases (Start and End respectively).

Then, the query criteria for DateOfProcedure needs to be done in SQL mode, since OO doesn’t allow it in the Design View.  I am not sure whether this is a universal function, or purely HSQL dependent.

The following WHERE criteria needs to be added (using parentheses with AND if necessary):

WHERE “AngioTable”.”DateOfProcedure” BETWEEN “Start” AND “End”

I am still experimenting a little, but am hopeful this will work.

EDIT: Turns out you can do it in Design View… The CRITERIA is entered as

BETWEEN [Start] AND [End]

Date range selection

16 01 2009

I thought it would be nice to be able to specify a date range for the summary.

This could be simply accomplished by sorting the data table by date, and then just deleting any unnecessary records.  Not exactly slick, though, is it?

In my hunt for documentation regarding this, I have found the following:

Doesn’t look particularly slick, but it gives me something to start with.

Wish me luck!

New Angio DB format

15 01 2009

I decided the Yes / No question re: Diagnostic vs PCI were redundant.  Essentially, if you are neither 1st nor 2nd oprator for either the Diagnostic or Interventional procedure, then those procedures don’t need to be logged.

So a bit of messing around with all the Queries, and it’s done.

To mark that change, I’ve gone to AngioDB2x.

I’ve also made some (slow) progress with the Data Entry sheet.  Essentially, working out the drop-down boxes took me a long time.  They are not exactly intuitive; Access was certainly more obvious from that viewpoint.